1. Optum in talks to acquire 715-physician group in Massachusetts Full story
2. Trump administration will release plan to speed up vaccinations Full story
3. Ex-Broward Health exec facing bribery, money-laundering charges Full story
4. Health system leaders should ask these 5 questions before purchasing an IoT device. Click here to read more.
5. Pennsylvania hospital to cut 97 beds Full story
6. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
7. Connecticut hospital faces class action for allegedly reusing insulin pens Full story
8. Northwell unit, Whole Foods sign direct contracting agreement Full story
9. Cutting costs isn't enough to support financial stability in 2021. Click here to learn how to avoid a shortsighted approach to revenue recovery.
10. Why MaineHealth is opting out of hazard pay to employees Full story
11. When will smell, taste come back? 5 COVID-19 questions answered Full story
12. Man arrested after Cleveland Clinic worker abducted, assaulted Full story
13. Don't Miss Learning Opportunities:
- Healthy nurses will lead to a healthier nation. Attend this live virtual discussion to learn how to empower front-line providers to prioritize wellness.
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
- Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today's hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.
14. Fewer than 40% of Americans could afford $1K unexpected medical bill Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Still calling your patients? Click here to find out why texting them will bring about better results for your practice.
2. Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.
3. How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.