1. 5 hospitals closing departments or ending services Full story
2. How Trinity aims to improve its financial performance in the next year: Q&A with CEO Mike Slubowski Full story
3. Kentucky hospital CEO out after less than a year Full story
4. Contingent staffing is expensive and hard to manage. Learn how to create your own internal agency & save 10% to 15% on staffing costs without sacrificing personnel quality.
5. FTC moves to ban noncompete agreements Full story
6. 10 rural hospital CFOs to know | 2023 Full story
7. Base salaries for 14 physician specialties Full story
8. Bellin CFO steps down following merger with Gundersen Full story
9. Surgical days rarely go as planned. Here's how to get back to a place where disruptions are the exception vs. the norm.
10. Are Indiana nonprofit hospitals really to blame for high pricing? Full story
11. Highest paid regions for NPs, PAs Full story
12. Fuller conversation needed about nonprofit care, AHA president says Full story
13. Kootenai suffers 2022 losses but expects bounce-back to profit in 2023 Full story
14. Hospitals are living 'paycheck to paycheck' and supply constraints are only worsening. See how some hospitals are turning the tide here.
15. Lancaster General rescinds $25 per employee holiday gift amid 'challenging economic times' Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Over 50% of hospitals are projected to have negative margins for the rest of the year. Make your CFO's job easier with these 5 steps.
2. Revenue cycle staffing is in crisis. Don't ask employees to work harder — allow them to work smarter with intelligent automation. Here's how.
3. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.