1. Elon Musk and a case study on the wrong way to conduct mass layoffs Full story
2. Highly successful CEO-CFO duos for 7 health systems Full story
3. The cost of hospital contract labor in 22 numbers Full story
4. A data breach can cost your health system millions. Get expert insights on avoiding costly cybersecurity missteps here.
5. 7 recent hospital, health system CEO moves Full story
6. Nurse who called EMS on own hospital speaks out Full story
7. The pitfalls of the 'glass cliff' for women of color in leadership Full story
8. Why more physicians are unionizing Full story
9. Improve your cancer center’s efficiency and alleviate staffing shortages: learn how from two real-world case studies.
10. Medical groups to Biden: ED boarding at a 'crisis point' Full story
11. How healthcare measures stacked up in the midterm election Full story
12. HCA to change name of Virginia hospital Full story
13. Respect staff or seek care elsewhere: Mass General Brigham enacts patient code of conduct Full story
14. What spurs patients to change providers? What are their most surprising care preferences? Get answers to these Qs and more to better engage your patients and drive more loyalty.
15. 'It is no longer feasible': Illinois hospital to close campus in December Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.
2. The gig economy will take a bite out of your workforce if you let it. Stay ahead on hiring trends with this report, which shows where leaders spend recruiting dollars, how they engage staff and more.
3. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.