1. Colorado health system CEO resigns after 2 years in role Full story
2. Health systems shrink executive teams as costs rise Full story
3. The lesser discussed phenomenon of 'quiet firing' Full story
4. Health systems rely on patient payments but struggle to collect from the 23 million people who owe medical debt. Get tips on how to capture a larger share of patient profits here.
5. CHS hit with lawsuit over mass layoff Full story
6. CommonSpirit, Morehouse partner to diversify clinician base Full story
7. Wellstar to close 2nd hospital in 6 months Full story
8. 10 best, worst states to retire in 2022 Full story
9. Behavioral healthcare integration is crucial for many patients — but it's not happening fast enough. 4 leaders share best practices for embedding behavioral healthcare across all points of care during this live panel.
10. California AG probes hospital CEOs about racial bias in algorithms Full story
11. More physicians observing colleagues behaving badly: 6 report findings Full story
12. Financial updates from HCA, Kaiser, UPMC + 11 other health systems Full story
13. Hospitals must unlock more open time to maximize OR efficiency. Cone Health leaders share how they did it here.
14. Centura names CEO of 3 hospitals Full story
15. States ranked by drug overdose death rate Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Better medication management is a priority for health systems, but less than half rely on vendors. Learn why + what hospital execs are looking for in new vendors.
2. Prevent surgical infection with antiseptic preparation.
3. Patient care is personalized; why aren't spine fusion devices? Research reveals 3 benefits for personalized interbody devices.