1. Former CEO makes $3M bet on CHS turnaround Full story
2. Reading between the lines when CEOs abruptly 'step down' Full story
3. Marketing director arrested after cache of guns found at New Jersey hospital Full story
4. Where will you be Nov. 7-10? We know where former NBA player Shaquille "Shaq" O'Neal and former President George W. Bush will be — Join them at Becker's CEO + CFO Roundtable.
5. Kaiser posts $1.3B loss in Q2 Full story
6. Tenet's Doctors Medical Center names new CEO Full story
7. AdventHealth unveils plan for former theme park Full story
8. UF Health Shands CEO resigns Full story
9. The nation's organ transplant system is broken. See how Mayo Clinic in Florida is creating more streamlined, efficient transplant processes here.
10. 20 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
11. Adventist Health lays off staff Full story
12. As recession risk looms, some CEOs adopt tougher talk Full story
13. Millennials won't lower their expectations to accommodate healthcare's workforce shortage. Tailor your recruitment + retainment strategy here.
14. How meeting a stranger helped lead Anita Jenkins to the Howard University Hospital CEO role Full story
15. US News' top hospitals for 15 specialties Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Maternal mortality rates increased by over 3% in 2020. Learn how to lower that number with telehealth.
2. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.
3. A lot has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, but what about in the pharmacy kit and tray management space? A Becker's Hospital Review survey of pharmacy experts found these five key takeaways.