1. California hospital plans for 673 layoffs if sale falls through Full story
2. Why BCBS Mississippi is suing 3 hospital execs for defamation Full story
3. 13 hospitals cutting services Full story
4. Becker's Healthcare, in collaboration with The Chartis Group, has launched a new Health Equity channel to highlight news and stories on efforts to improve inclusion, diversity and reduce disparities. Read more.
5. West Virginia health systems to cut ties over EHR vendor choice Full story
6. Meet the leaders of US News' top 10 hospitals Full story
7. Hospital skeptics vie for Florida health system board seats Full story
8. How HCA, Tenet, CHS and UHS fared in Q2 Full story
9. Burnout can cost a hospital $500,000 to $1+ million per physician. Discover what Ochsner Health is doing to support physicians here.
10. Why US may be in for a severe flu season Full story
11. AHA: Healthcare workers need to be protected like flight crews Full story
12. St. Louis hospital could get $1B overhaul Full story
13. Whether your expertise lies with strategy, leadership, execution or finance, you'll learn something new at Becker's CEO + CFO Roundtable. Join former NBA player Shaquille "Shaq" O'Neal and former President George W. Bush this November!
14. 5 states most people moved to, left since 2020 Full story
15. Dartmouth Health CEO Dr. Joanne Conroy reveals 4 leadership guideposts Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Laundry to linens to lab testing - third-party purchased services can total up to 25% of your operations costs. Make meaningful change.
2. Maternal mortality rates increased by over 3% in 2020. Learn how to lower that number with telehealth.
3. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.