1. Retired baby boomers are flocking to rural areas, boosting hospital demand Full story
2. California hospital CEO to retire Full story
3. Hospitals tap insurers for price hikes as wages climb Full story
4. Patient care suffers from regionally fragmented systems. Learn how healthcare leaders in Colo. and Iowa successfully aligned behind a mobile-first logistics platform.
5. Democrats, Republicans agree CEOs are overpaid Full story
6. Kaiser posts net loss of $961M in Q1 Full story
7. The digital revolution is here. Is your hospital ready? Click here to learn how Amazon's consumer strategy can drive a successful digital footprint.
8. 15 health systems with strong finances Full story
9. USC Keck physicians vote to join union Full story
10. Strike begins at Cedars-Sinai Full story
11. With 30% of OR time locked up due to inefficient scheduling, your organization could be missing out on millions in revenue. Learn how Saint Luke's added millions to their bottom line with automation software.
12. Travel nurses see abrupt pay drops, canceled contracts Full story
13. North Carolina officials slam lack of communication from HCA amid Mission deal Full story
14. Tech industry warns of more remote jobs moving out of US Full story
15. Companies should brace for a culture of quitting Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. ORs need a reset to rebuild hospital margins. Learn how to work through case backlogs + develop a future strategy. Expert advice here.
2. Game-changing EHR improvements at Intermountain, how one hospital CIO managed to grow ranks during the pandemic and more. These 10 must-reads offer practical advice for digital health investment.
3. Just 31% of health systems are taking advantage of this opportunity to attract and retain patients. See what it is here.