1. Rare heart inflammation risk may be higher after Moderna COVID vaccine, study says Full story
2. Cleveland Clinic received threat against 2 hospitals Full story
3. CHI Health ends exclusivity agreement, heart center welcomes back 17 cardiologists Full story
4. Hospitals can give patients more financial support even amid their own financial woes. Here's the untapped link to expanding access.
5. Rising rates of fatal heart infection in young adults linked to opioid use Full story
6. AHA, Mass General create digital resuscitation training tool Full story
7. Rapid onboarding: Lessons in security and speed from Penn State Health. Click here to learn more.
8. Physician in bupivacaine-spiked IV case asks to be released from jail Full story
9. UNC Health to develop pregnancy-related hypertension prevention program Full story
10. Rethinking digital engagement: What patients really want from hospitals
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Costly pressure injuries are on the rise — don't let that be true at your hospital. See how Mayo Clinic Florida achieved a 67% rate reduction in HAPIs in 3 months.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.