1. California hospital 1st in nation to use heart biopsy device Full story
2. How Bayhealth cut heart failure readmissions by 67% Full story
3. HCA donates $15M to American Heart Association for stroke initiative Full story
4. Total joint replacements are migrating to the ASC — and so are surgical robots. Learn why here.
5. Man gets 18 years in prison for stalking female physicians at California hospitals Full story
6. 5 hospitals, health systems hiring cardiologists Full story
7. Hospitals can give patients more financial support even amid their own financial woes. Here's the untapped link to expanding access.
8. E-cigarettes destabilize heart rhythms, study suggests Full story
9. Methodist Dallas increases security, remembers employees after hospital shooting Full story
10. One of the most innovative health tech companies in the U.S. is making big bets on the technologies that will transform healthcare. Learn what they are here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.
2. It's time for healthcare to work smarter, not harder. Learn how these 6 strategies can help decrease staff workload and improve surgeon satisfaction.
3. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.