1. Journal of the American Heart Association names Dr. Bruce Ovbiagele editor-in-chief Full story
2. Dr. Barry Zaret, founder of nuclear cardiology, dies at 82 Full story
3. Healthgrades' best hospitals for cardiac care 2023 Full story
4. Successful hospitals can address inequities in cancer care while improving patient and staff experience. Here's how.
5. At 8.5%, cardiology among the fastest rising specialties for physician pay Full story
6. COVID-19 surges linked with spike in heart attacks, Cedars-Sinai finds Full story
7. Hospitals won't unlock the full value of a robotic surgery program without giving staff 24/7 access. See how Adventis Health is doing it here.
8. Nurses escorted out of Ascension hospital after raising staffing concerns Full story
9. 5 hospitals, health systems hiring cardiologists Full story
10. HCA and Mount Sinai are replacing outdated care practices with a single AI platform for better and more efficient care. See how they're saving clinicians time and streamlining workflows here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.
2. The value of personalized medicine is clear, but putting it into action is challenging. Kick personalized medicine into gear at your organization with this road map.
3. Why did a flu, COVID ‘twindemic’ never happen? What's the value of wearing a mask when others don’t? Check out these 8 must-reads to find out.