1. Paxlovid can interact with heart medications, study suggests Full story
2. MedStar Heart & Vascular names surgical director of heart failure Full story
3. 5 states with the highest, lowest heart disease deaths Full story
4. Staff shortages complicate traditional pressure injury prevention. Here are proactive interventions that aren't as prone to shortages.
5. Diabetes drug metformin could treat afib, Cleveland Clinic finds Full story
6. WHO ramps up Ebola response: 3 updates Full story
7. One of the most innovative health tech companies in the U.S. is making big bets on the technologies that will transform healthcare. Learn what they are here.
8. RWJ Barnabas hospital completes 500th implant for Afib Full story
9. 4 factors that led to monkeypox's decline Full story
10. It's hard enough for ASCs to secure profitable supply chain contracts — don't make it harder with a disjointed digital system. Here's a solution.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Costly pressure injuries are on the rise — don't let that be true at your hospital. See how Mayo Clinic Florida achieved a 67% rate reduction in HAPIs in 3 months.
2. An outdated digital strategy is costing hospitals more than just revenue. Here are the tools to combat an increasingly decentralized healthcare ecosystem.
3. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.