1. NYU hospital names Dr. Mohammed Imam department chair Full story
2. Salt intervention shows negligible effect on hospitalized heart failure patients, Cleveland Clinic finds Full story
3. Renowned Canadian heart surgeon joins University Hospitals Full story
4. The patient transfer processes of old undermine clinical outcomes. Discover how University of Maryland Medical System modernized its transfer process here.
5. Top 10 cardiology headlines of September Full story
6. 5 federal healthcare updates Full story
7. When payers and providers fail to collaborate, patients suffer. Discover how a Nevada health plan and physician group partnered to improve care for expectant moms here.
8. 7-hospital system files for bankruptcy Full story
9. 5 cardiologists on the move Full story
10. The post-call center era is imminent. See how systems can slash call volumes and empower patient self-service here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's time for healthcare to work smarter, not harder. Learn how these 6 strategies can help decrease staff workload and improve surgeon satisfaction.
2. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
3. Incomplete data has left health systems overspending on supply chain. Here are expert tips for saving money and improving compliance.