1. Dr. Henry Low, pioneering heart surgeon, dies at 95 Full story
2. Median pay for 5 cardiology subspecialties Full story
3. PTSD common in parents of kids with severe heart conditions, Stanford study finds Full story
4. What do half of the hospitals on U.S. News Honor Roll have in common? They're getting smart about data. Here's how.
5. Top 10 states for private practice physicians Full story
6. ADHD may increase chances of heart disease in adults, study finds Full story
7. What makes a good health system great? Quality patient care navigation. Set your health system apart — get tips on creating a care navigation program here.
8. 'This stability is essential': 5 physicians on the perks of employment Full story
9. Ohio hospital to lay off 978 employees Full story
10. No hospital wants to see a rise in secondary reviews. Here are the changes physician advisors need to work more efficiently.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's time for healthcare to work smarter, not harder. Learn how these 6 strategies can help decrease staff workload and improve surgeon satisfaction.
2. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
3. 100,000 RNs left the workforce in 2021. In 2022 and beyond, hospitals should do something that should have been done long ago — improve the healthcare working environment for vital caregivers. Here's how.