1. Duke surgeons perform world's 1st partial heart transplant Full story
2. Ochsner physician saves 70-year-old who had heart attack at airport baggage claim Full story
3. 1 in 20 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 developed new-onset Afib, study finds Full story
4. Curious about AI's place in cardiology? Demystify AI and learn how to make it part of your digital strategy.
5. Multidisciplinary women's heart centers may improve diagnosis, outcomes, study finds Full story
6. 10 most common sentinel events of 2022: Joint Commission Full story
7. Is the Enhancing Oncology Model right for your cancer center? Experts explain how the program will affect oncology over the next 5 years.
8. AHA, ACC update chest pain data standards Full story
9. Children's Hospital of Los Angeles evaluating impact of behavioral health apps Full story
10. Simply starting discharge planning upon a patient's admission won't bring desired results. To truly improve throughput — without sacrificing patient experience — try these strategies.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients don't want to play phone tag. Give them the convenient communication they crave with these 5 strategies.
2. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.
3. Maternal mortality rates increased by over 3% in 2020. Learn how to lower that number with telehealth.