1. American College of Cardiology names Dr. B. Hadley Wilson as next president Full story
2. Cardiologist gets 30 months in prison for opioid charges Full story
3. Heart care 'quantum leap': Tumor removed without open heart surgery Full story
4. Even the strongest rural healthcare providers face threats to their bottom line. See the tools and strategies they're using to improve revenue capture and financial performance here.
5. Top 10 cardiology stories of July Full story
6. Drugmakers leap back into fading heart drug market Full story
7. Protect your margins in times of financial uncertainty. Get tips on simplifying insurance discovery here.
8. 8 health issues that worsened during the pandemic Full story
9. CMS releases final inpatient payment rule: 6 takeaways Full story
10. The cost of in-office procedures is rising. See how leading ENT practices are reining them in, while still expanding care here
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Reflect reality with this data method to improve patient outcomes - all while protecting patient privacy.
2. "Reversing" diabetes is a seductive, but unrealistic goal. Take a more effective approach to diabetes management by avoiding these 6 treatment myths.
3. Dozens of health system executives met in Chicago to discuss the patient financial experience and the care affordability crisis. Learn what was said and why it matters here.