1. Cardiologists vs. orthopedic surgeons: How pay has fluctuated in the last 5 years Full story
2. 10 best, worst states for healthcare Full story
3. 4 recent 'firsts' in cardiology Full story
4. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
5. 429 hospitals with 5 stars from CMS: 2022 Full story
6. Pennsylvania hospital to close Full story
7. 1 in 4 adults suffer from chronic knee pain, but relying on opioids to treat it is unsustainable and dangerous. Here's two leaders' non-opioid solution.
8. MercyOne performs Iowa's first implant of leadless, retrievable pacemaker Full story
9. Stony Brook Heart Institute creates cardiogenic shock response program Full story
10. Hospitals are increasing revenue up to $500K per OR per year with AI-driven capacity management. Learn how to match supply and demand during "normal" and "crisis" times.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Reflect reality with this data method to improve patient outcomes - all while protecting patient privacy.
2. "Reversing" diabetes is a seductive but unrealistic goal. Take a more effective approach to diabetes management by avoiding these 6 treatment myths.
3. Dozens of health system executives met in Chicago to discuss the patient financial experience and the care affordability crisis. Learn what was said and why it matters here.