1. Cleveland Clinic: Pediatric heart failure burden grows Full story
2. Healthgrades' top 100 hospitals for cardiac care Full story
3. Imaging dye shortage means rocky 8 weeks ahead for hospitals Full story
4. Tiny particles of lint can have big consequences for patient outcomes. See how hospitals nationwide are reducing contamination risks during heart procedures here.
5. Pig virus may have contributed to pig heart transplant patient's death Full story
6. Nearly 1 in 4 physicians experience workplace mistreatment: 3 notes Full story
7. 1 in 3 clinicians may leave their role by 2024. See how Good Samaritan, Adventist Health and 2 others are automating workflows to combat burnout and improve outcomes during this virtual panel.
8. Where are the 22 Leapfrog straight-'A' hospitals? Full story
9. Where are the 17 Leapfrog 'F' hospitals? Full story
10. Treatment costs for these diseases grew, dropped the most Full story
11. Data is already spearheading cancer care breakthroughs. Here's how providers can keep the momentum going + take precision medicine to the next level.
12. COVID-19 hospitalizations up in 39 states Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 85% of health insurance costs relate to chronic conditions. Here are 3 strategies to craft prevention programs that actually work.
2. MD Anderson, Cedars-Sinai and 3 other systems slashed length of stay for patients with bloodstream infections. See how the systems are optimizing antimicrobial utilization and improving outcomes here.
3. Not all hospital-at-home programs are created equally. The best ones leverage AI to advance patient outcome improvements + lower costs. Here's how AI is driving program success.