1. 6 recent 1sts in cardiology Full story
2. FDA approves 1st drug for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy Full story
3. Dr. Morton Mower, co-inventor of implantable defibrillator, dies at 89 Full story
4. With 30% of OR time locked up due to inefficient scheduling, your organization could be missing out on millions in revenue. Learn how Saint Luke's added millions to their bottom line with automation software.
5. Colquitt Regional 1st in Georgia to offer new heart scanner Full story
6. Older, experienced workers are joining the Great Resignation, raising alarm bells for organizations Full story
7. Care starts long before patients see a provider. UCHealth delivers an exceptional experience by providing easy to use wayfinding. Get your step-by-step guide.
8. Vaccinated, seniors make up growing share of COVID-19 deaths: Washington Post Full story
9. Top 10 cardiology stories in April Full story
10. 21 hospitals with the most ER visits Full story
11. COVID-19 aftershocks seminar: How New York Presbyterian and Atrium Health are working to support today's exhausted clinicians and sicker patients. View the panel discussion here.
12. Mayo Clinic-developed AI detects heart condition from Apple Watch Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients demand a frictionless, user-friendly payment experience. See how Cancer Treatment Centers of America is delivering it here.
2. This 49-bed community hospital is investing in automation — and it's paying off. Click here to learn how Fort HealthCare achieved a 91% success rate for prior authorizations.
3. A cloud-native system pays for itself in a year by streamlining workflows. Here are 4 factors to consider to make the change easy.