1. Wisconsin sees faster rise in pediatric diabetes since pandemic Full story
2. Inova Health System launches pediatric cardiology program Full story
3. FDA warns about misuse of stroke AI detection technology Full story
4. Cybercriminals love hospitals — health data is valuable and healthcare IT security is often flawed. Here are 5 ways to prevent ransomware and fight back.
5. 25% of adults have liver condition linked to higher heart disease risk Full story
6. COVID-19 public health emergency renewed Full story
7. Leading health systems have proactive workforce strategies. Here's how they're using data to boost retention + cut labor costs.
8. Mayo Clinic breaks ground on $198M Wisconsin hospital Full story
9. Association of Black Cardiologists names president Full story
10. 5 states with best, worst air quality Full story
11. Put your EMR data to good use. Seattle Children's did and expanded OR capacity by 2,500 hours in 1 year.
12. 'We are at a really good moment': 3 takeaways from the new COVID-19 chief's 1st week Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Before adopting interoperability workflows, orthopedic practices must consider their unique needs. Learn the 4 interoperability keys for orthopedics here.
2. University of Tennessee Medical Center and Fisher-Titus Medical Center embedded telehealth into the EHR to streamline the patient and provider experience — learn more about their success.
3. Trauma centers save lives but often lose money. Learn the 5 steps needed to stay in the black.