1. Cleveland Clinic Weston Hospital adds new cardiology specialist Full story
2. 3 recent AI developments in cardiology from Cedars-Sinai Full story
3. 8 in 10 patients don't have infected heart devices removed Full story
4. 60% of patients still find online scheduling tools too complex to navigate. Here's how health systems are solving that.
5. 3 recent diabetes findings Full story
6. Record teen prediabetes rates top cardiology stories in March Full story
7. Stop keeping nurses past their shifts. See how OSHU achieved a 31% decrease in running past scheduled closures here.
8. COVID-19 cases up in 28 states, hospitalizations up in 4 Full story
9. Heart algorithms don't perform well on patients they're not trained on Full story
10. FDA approves leadless pacemaker system for slow heart rhythms Full story
11. These ortho leaders automated patient contact and saw financial + emotional benefits. Find out how to score more than just RCM gains.
12. It could take years to know what 'endemic COVID-19' looks like Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The nation’s first evidence-based ERAS cardiac program improves clinical, operational, and financial outcomes, and increases patient and surgeon satisfaction.
2. Patient no-shows cost the healthcare industry billions every year. See the 7 most common reasons patients skip appointments and how to address them here.
3. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.