1. Cleveland Clinic finds first drug to treat statin-intolerant patients Full story
2. Johns Hopkins, NASA send heart tissue into space Full story
3. Multidisciplinary approach to heart care ensures 'no weak links,' says Atlantic Health's cardio leader Full story
4. Heart failure patients often show symptoms long before they land in the hospital. Stop heart failure in its tracks by giving patients the tools to monitor their heart at home.
5. Physician happiness before, after COVID-19: How 29 specialties stack up Full story
6. Virtual care improves heart failure treatment at 3 Mass General Brigham hospitals Full story
7. Meet the new president of the American College of Cardiology Full story
8. Pop-up alert doubles prescription of lifesaving heart failure drugs Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 5 top healthcare payment challenges for 2023 and how to get ahead of them — see the report here.
2. When only 35% of referrals end in a visit, you can't justify time spent on manual patient outreach. This digital upgrade led Froedtert Health to a 3-day referral-to-appointment workflow.
3. 38% of Americans delayed care in 2022 over cost concerns — a record high. Learn how to reengage patients and improve their financial experience with this roadmap.