1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. US sees 1M cases in 5 days; emergency approval for Moderna vaccine expected today — 8 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. A week of mixed COVID-19 news: 6 takeaways Full story
4. The future of 340B in rural America — What providers need to know to protect the health of their communities. Click here to read the report.
5. When COVID-19 is not a shared experience: Suggestions from NewYork-Presbyterian's CXO on how to deal with fatigue and denial Full story
6. Tenet to sell its 87 urgent care centers to FastMed Full story
7. The 2020 Employee Benefits + Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Click here to participate and receive a complimentary badge to a future Becker's conference.
8. Billionaire sells $109M of CHS stock Full story
9. Illinois system to merge with Northwestern Medicine Full story
10. Hospital CEOs on COVID-19 vaccines: Employee hesitancy will decrease as rollout continues Full story
11. Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today’s hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.
12. Hospitals boost security to safeguard COVID-19 vaccines Full story
13. Amazon wants to offer primary care to other employers, report says Full story
14. 3 Must Reads
- A paper-based informed consent process can put your system at legal and financial risk. Click here to learn how one health system made it mobile.
- How Spectrum Health, Duke University Health System and others are taking a more comprehensive approach to workforce management. Click here to read more.
- 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
15. CMS extends data submission deadline for quality, value-based reporting Full story
16. 7 fired from Tyson Foods over betting on employees' health Full story