1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. White House shares $916B relief proposal; Pfizer vaccine gets allergy warning in Britain -- 7 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. Court rejects FTC bid to block 17-hospital merger in Pennsylvania Full story
4. Your valued insight is requested - We'd love your feedback in the 2020 Employee Benefits/Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Survey participants will receive a complimentary badge to a Becker's Hospital Review Conference.
5. 5 cities with highest ICU occupancy Full story
6. California system alleges Kaiser tried to monopolize health insurance market Full story
7. Michael Dowling, President and CEO of N.Y.-based Northwell Health, delivers a state-of-the-industry address on healthcare. Listen here.
8. Oregon suspends license of physician who discouraged mask-wearing Full story
9. Advocate Aurora to give $66M in employee bonuses Full story
10. 110+ hospitals postponing elective surgeries by state Full story
11. 3 Must Reads:
- Still calling you patients? Click here to find out why texting them will bring about better results for your practice.
- The fight against healthcare turnover — A 5-chapter guide to improve retention and staff hard-to-fill positions. Click here to read the guide.
- Health system resilience: A tactical guide for building stronger organizations and reaching more patients. Click here to read more
12. Oregon nurse who bragged about flouting COVID-19 safety measures no longer employed Full story
13. 3 Bon Secours hospitals out of Anthem's network after talks fail Full story
14. Is your health system prepared to face 2021's drug shortages? Click here to learn how data and AI can help manage hospitals’ drug supply needs.
15. 476-bed Canton hospital to join Cleveland Clinic Full story
16. Access, cost and quality in pediatrics Full story