1. Judge blocks federal vaccination mandate for healthcare workers in 10 states Full story
2. HCA to build 3 hospitals in Florida Full story
3. CDC expands COVID booster recommendations amid omicron concerns Full story
4. How can health systems better match surgeon demand for OR time with supply constraints such as nursing and anesthesiology shortages and yet still achieve a 6%+ increase in primetime utilization? Click here to learn more.
5. 19 countries reporting omicron cases Full story
6. MetroHealth CEO Dr. Akram Boutros to retire: 7 things to know Full story
7. Supreme Court justices baffled by Medicare payment rule Full story
8. California hospital to be sold or close in January Full story
9. Your membership strategy needs an upgrade. Here's what providers and payers should know about changing consumer expectations.
10. Experimental treatment may have cured type 1 diabetes for the first time Full story
11. How Cleveland Clinic has saved $133M in physician retention Full story
12. CEO of Washington hospital resigns after 2 years Full story
13. A good IT infrastructure protects — a great one innovates. Here's how.
14. Hospital margins sink again as labor expenses mount: Kaufman Hall Full story
15. Viewpoint: Why it's time to nix IT departments Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. AI can transform the revenue cycle. Download this 5-point report to learn how to implement it.
2. Prior authorizations are up 81 percent, but smart automation can reduce the costly back and forth. Here's how.
3. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn