1. Kaiser Permanente reports $1.5B Q3 loss Full story
2. Respect staff or seek care elsewhere: Mass General Brigham enacts patient code of conduct Full story
3. At hospital where nurse called 911, 'zero candidates interviewing' for ED roles, says president Full story
4. Struggling to understand today's new imaging technologies? Listen to two health tech leaders break down AI, security and interoperability.
5. 78% of hospitals say their relationships with payers are getting worse Full story
6. Florida medical board bans gender-affirming care for minors Full story
7. Staff shortages complicate traditional pressure injury prevention. Here are proactive interventions that aren't as prone to shortages.
8. New York City physicians seek union recognition Full story
9. Texas health system CEO out after 4 months Full story
10. 'Do you not see this as an arms race?' Cigna CEO questioned on M&A activity Full story
11. Hospitals can give patients more financial support even amid their own financial woes. Here's the untapped link to expanding access.
12. Q&A: Elevance Health's first health equity officer on partnering with Harvard to address Medicaid inequities Full story
13. UnityPoint spins off 3 Illinois hospitals to Carle Health Full story
14. Patients hospitalwide more likely to die when ED is overcrowded: study Full story
15. Common flu drug in high demand Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. With 29% of nurses planning to exit the profession, health systems can't afford to revert to old staffing techniques. Learn how tech-backed partnerships can help close the growing nurse-to-patient ratio gap.
2. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.
3. The gig economy will take a bite out of your workforce if you let it. Stay ahead on hiring trends with this report, which shows where leaders spend recruiting dollars, how they engage staff and more.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn