1. Hospitals face evacuations, water disruptions amid Ian: 3 updates Full story
2. Iowa hospital closes, lays off 151 workers Full story
3. Michigan health system to make 'several hundred' job cuts Full story
4. Join L.E.K. Consulting Oct. 11 for a webinar on its 2022 Annual U.S. Hospital Study, which will examine persistent challenges faced by healthcare systems and dramatic shifts underway within operations, the supply chain, spending, consolidation and the evolution of digital health.
5. Atlanta Medical Center to close ED in October Full story
6. Senator has questions for Providence CEO on billing practices Full story
7. What do half of the hospitals on U.S. News Honor Roll have in common? They're getting smart about data. Here's how.
8. Kaleida Health strike cost could exceed $142M monthly, CEO says Full story
9. Hospital for Special Surgery sues HHS for allegedly shorting relief funds Full story
10. Tenet, UnitedHealth, DaVita lose bid to end antitrust case Full story
11. When payers and providers fail to collaborate, patients suffer. Discover how a Nevada health plan and physician group partnered to improve care for expectant moms here.
12. Duke LifePoint hospital under CMS review for alleged EMTALA violations Full story
13. Stanford Medicine exec: Why hospitals need a wellness chief Full story
14. Dr. Amy Compton-Phillips named president of Press Ganey consulting Full story
15. Amazon seeks physician lead Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. There's a way out of the patient experience crisis. Leaders from Ochsner Health, RWJBarnabas Health + more share how to get there in this brief report.
2. Positive patient experiences affect healthcare organizations and patients. Find the top 10 ways to satisfy your patients and how it drives revenue here.
3. Every health system wants to accelerate its research. Starting with synthetic data can jump start the process. Find out how here.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn