1. Hospitals and Hurricane Ian: 4 updates Full story
2. Hundreds of hospitals at risk of flooding from hurricanes, Harvard study finds Full story
3. 1 person killed in shooting at Arkansas hospital Full story
4. Research indicates that engaging clinic staff lowers barriers to value-based care adoption. Read more.
5. 1,000+ hospitals, health groups join Northwell gun safety coalition Full story
6. Intermountain Healthcare to change its name Full story
7. The post-call center era is imminent. See how systems can slash call volumes and empower patient self-service here.
8. HCA hospitals make 16 leadership changes Full story
9. Foundation files petition to block Prospect from closing Pennsylvania hospital Full story
10. State approves Mass General Brigham's plan to cut spending by $128M Full story
11. What makes a good health system great? Quality patient care navigation. Set your health system apart — get tips on creating a care navigation program here.
12. Lawmakers to OU Health: $39M contingent on gender health cuts Full story
13. NP pay for all 50 states adjusted by cost of living Full story
14. Sutter Health Santa Rosa workers strike Full story
15. Peer comparison linked to increased physician burnout: study Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Don't let miscommunication be your hospital's downfall. Learn how to identify friction in communication and avoid missteps using technology.
2. Virtual care has transformed from a luxury to a must-have. Here are 4 tips on closing the gap on virtual care delivery.
3. 63% of providers say their consent process leaves them at risk. E-signatures make the intake process safer and more convenient. Get the definitive report.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn