1. Iowa hospital to close in October Full story
2. 15,000 Minnesota nurses plan strike Full story
3. Mississippi hospital to lay off staff, curb care
4. With a hub and spoke model, a single intensivist team effectively offers care across four hospitals at a reduced cost. Rethink care delivery to better serve patients when and where they need us. Full Story
5. 'A total disruptor to how we do business': Cleveland Clinic's new patient experience metric Full story
6. US bets on omicron boosters heading into 3rd COVID-19 fall: 4 updates Full story
7. Children's hospitals' latest challenge: Harassment campaigns Full story
8. UF Shands employee may have improperly accessed 941 patient records Full story
9. Becker's Healthcare is eager to gain insights from healthcare professionals' experiences with technology and their relationship to burnout. In this brief survey, we'd like to learn more about your organization’s challenges and opportunities in these key areas.
10. Emory Healthcare taps COO as interim CEO Full story
11. Philadelphia hospital shooter sentenced to 35 years after pleading guilty to murder Full story
12. Healthcare added 48K jobs in August Full story
13. Hospitals must unlock more open time to maximize OR efficiency. Cone Health leaders share how they did it here.
14. 4 health systems retaining talent with perks beyond pay Full story
15. Stats by state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Better medication management is a priority for health systems, but less than half rely on vendors. Learn why + what hospital execs are looking for in new vendors.
2. Patient care is personalized; why aren't spine fusion devices? Research reveals 3 benefits for personalized interbody devices.
3. Supply chain disruptions will arise. Learn how leading health systems are increasing productivity and resiliency with technology + strategy.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn