1. Michael Dowling: 'Every single US hospital leader should be screaming about what an abomination this is' Full story
2. Texas hospitals treat at least 14 injured in school shooting Full story
3. Trinity Health plans layoffs in Massachusetts Full story
4. The global surgical robot market is projected to reach $14.4 billion by 2026, but many hospitals are still hesitant to jump on the bandwagon. Here's what two industry leaders have to say about the skepticism.
5. Advocate Aurora used market power to suppress competition, lawsuit alleges Full story
6. 5 best, worst places for physicians to practice, per Medscape Full story
7. 83% of healthcare facilities still use paper faxes and PDFs, which can bog down workflows and slow diagnoses. Learn how to close the digital divide here.
8. Florida hospital can't cover paychecks Full story
9. Pennsylvania health system CEO retiring after 16-year run Full story
10. US has a new dominant COVID-19 strain Full story
11. Does your provider-payer relationship involve cloud technology? Learn how this tech can enhance your collaboration to reduce costs and eliminate manual processes.
12. Nurses raise $38K to cover RaDonda Vaught's board fees Full story
13. Security called more often on Black patients, Brigham and Women's internal study finds Full story
14. Hospitals: Retirement plan lawsuits could have 'significant detrimental' effect Full story
15. Stats by state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.
2. Needlesticks are up fivefold as vaccines are given outside carefully controlled facilities. Click here for best safety practices.
3. Supply chain waste costs healthcare $5B annually. Reduce how much your hospital is affected here.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn