1. COVID-19 admissions jump 18% this week: 9 CDC findings Full story
2. 19 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
3. Physician assistant median annual base salary, by state Full story
4. Don't keep family members in the dark. See how UCSF Health is providing essential communication to patients' loved ones without interrupting clinicians' workflows here.
5. 17 physician specialties ranked by average incentive bonus Full story
6. 150 top places to work in healthcare Full story
7. Still relying on manual, outdated disinfection routines? Click here for a more reliable approach hospitals are taking to cut staff burden and safety risks.
8. HCA agrees to acquire urgent care chain Full story
9. Sutter Health sees finances rebound in 2021 but notes 'strong' headwinds remain Full story
10. 33% of hospitals operating with negative margins: 6 other AHA takeaways Full story
11. COVID-19 aftershocks seminar: How New York Presbyterian and Atrium Health are working to support today's exhausted clinicians and sicker patients. View the panel discussion here.
12. EHR vendors ranked by percentage of hospital market share Full story
13. A 5-letter fix for medication errors Full story
14. 7 healthcare CEOs make $20M or more Full story
15. Hospital expenses per inpatient day across 50 states Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 56% of large hospitals have 4 or more simultaneous automation initiatives. Click here to learn 10 trends shaping the technology's future.
2. The nation’s first evidence-based ERAS cardiac program improves clinical, operational, and financial outcomes, and increases patient and surgeon satisfaction.
3. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.