1. Hospital CEOs' No. 1 concern is staffing for 1st time in 17 years Full story
2. US COVID-19 hospitalizations dropping, but 1 state is still seeing record numbers Full story
3. Hospitals gain jobs after 2 months of losses Full story
4. Physician payments should be painless: Here's how innovative hospitals are removing admin barriers and boosting ROI with uncomplicated compensation.
5. Northeast Hospital Corporation has lost 40% of its nursing staff since 2019 Full story
6. 10 recent hospital, health system executive resignations Full story
7. Hospitals need to get safety work back on track. See how BJC Healthcare created a new model to measure safety culture and improve best practices here.
8. UPMC sues, disputes owing contributions to union pension fund Full story
9. UnitedHealthcare subpoenaed over Rhode Island data breach Full story
10. Iowa hospital CEO to retire after pandemic delay Full story
11. Connecting EMTs with ED physicians can streamline ED patient care. Click here to learn how Univ. of Vermont and Cleveland Clinic have led the way.
12. Many N95, KN95 masks are fake — 8 tips for spotting the difference Full story
13. Omicron subvariant makes up .3% of positive COVID-19 tests, Walgreens says Full story
14. Tower Health fires physician accused of prescribing ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 Full story
15. Stats by state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 70% of patients would rather hospitals invest in their experiences than traditional marketing. Take the Empathy Experience Challenge to learn more.
2. 30% of hospitals are struggling to fill vacancies. Click here for 10 top healthcare staffing challenges — and how to solve them.
3. Can your call center be eliminated? Learn the five steps leaders must take to move toward intelligent automation.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn