Listen to highlights of key stories in our daily briefing podcast.
1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. UK variant found in Georgia; COVID-19 hospitalizations flare in South, West — 6 updates Full story
3. States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered Full story
4. Phreesia Webinar: Increasing COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake & Addressing Hesitancy. Health systems across the country are working to get their employees and patients vaccinated for COVID-19. Find out what your peers are doing to safely deliver the vaccine to people who are ready to get it today and how to successfully manage vaccine hesitancy in others. Register now.
5. Renovations prompt Los Angeles hospital to suspend patient care services Full story
6. Optum to buy Change Healthcare in $13B deal: 5 details Full story
7. In this changing world, investors can leverage venture capital to power innovation in healthcare systems. Next Thursday, January 14, join NEPC, LLC and Arboretum Ventures’ Jan Garfinkle for an exclusive discussion for healthcare leaders planning strategic initiatives. Register here.
8. Brigham Health President Dr. Betsy Nabel to step down Full story
9. 3 recent hospital, health system CEO moves
10. Number of COVID-19 cases in Kaiser hospital outbreak rises to 60 Full story
11. Remote work, telehealth and healthcare's future. Click here to get answers to lingering questions.
12. It's 'like trying to get a Beatles ticket': Officials turn to party-invite sites to avoid vaccine rollout issues Full story
13. 115 hospitals sue HHS over Medicare payment calculation Full story
14. Cutting costs isn't enough to support financial stability in 2021. Click here to learn how to avoid a shortsighted approach to revenue recovery.
15. California hospital reopens after more than 2 years Full story
16. South African COVID-19 variant may resist antibody drugs, ex-FDA head says Full story