1. Hospitals could save $4B by reducing mental health ED visits Full story
2. Talkspace's new CEO and 7 other behavioral health leadership moves Full story
3. California governor approves $480.5M in youth mental health grants Full story
4. How 4 health systems fill behavioral health gaps with automated care programs
5. Virginia governor planning $230M mental health overhaul Full story
6. North Carolina HHS to offer mental and behavioral health training in 130 schools Full story
7. The average cost of boarding a psych patient in the ED is $2,264. See 6 ways a comprehensive behavioral health strategy can help hospitals reduce these avoidable costs.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Clinician burnout remains high. Learn how video and communications technologies can reduce burnout and improve employee satisfaction.
2. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
3. How 4 health systems fill behavioral health gaps with automated care programs