1. Behavioral health owner gets 12 years in prison for Medicaid fraud Full story
2. $89M Nebraska pediatric mental health center in the works Full story
3. 46% of psychiatrists feel unable to meet increasing demand for treatment: survey Full story
4. The average cost of boarding a psych patient in the ED is $2,264. See 6 ways a comprehensive behavioral health strategy can help hospitals reduce these avoidable costs.
5. 10 places hiring behavioral health specialists Full story
6. Is Epic's dominance good for healthcare? Full story
7. Coordinating electronic records between providers and consumers remains a challenge. Learn how to create a single digital home for you patients.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. ProMedica is rewriting the playbook on patient experience. See how it and 11,000 other healthcare orgs are continually evaluating the patient journey and making tweaks in real time to keep patients — and staff — happy.
2. How 4 health systems fill behavioral health gaps with automated care programs
3. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.