NRHA: Top 20 Rural Community Hospitals in US 2017
The National Rural Health Association has selected its top 20 rural community hospitals in the nation for 2017.
Hospitals were evaluated according to their respective ratings on the Hospital Strength Index, a national hospital rating system that relies on publicly available data sets to evaluate hospitals based on their inpatient and outpatient market share, quality, outcomes, patient perspectives, costs, charges and stability.
Here are NRHA's top 20 rural community hospitals in the nation for 2017, listed alphabetically.
- Avera Queen of Peace Hospital (Mitchell, S.D.)
- Bozeman (Mont.) Health
- Brookings (S.D.) Health System
- Campbell County Health (Gillette, Wyo.)
- Castleview Hospital (Price, Utah)
- Cedar City (Utah) Hospital
- Central Vermont Medical Center (Berlin, Vt.)
- Chippewa County War Memorial Hospital (Sault Sainte Marie, Mich.)
- Kalispell (Mont.) Regional Medical Center
- Major Health Partners (Shelbyville, Ind.)
- Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center (Jasper, Ind.)
- Mercy Medical Center (Roseburg, Ore.)
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Alpena
- Montrose (Colo.) Memorial Hospital
- Northern Maine Medical Center (Fort Kent)
- Olympic Medical Center (Port Angeles, Wash.)
- Peterson Regional Medical Center (Kerrville, Texas)
- Sheridan (Wyo.) Memorial Hospital
- St. James Healthcare (Butte, Mont.)
- St. Peter's Hospital (Helena, Mont.)
To view the full list, click here.
More articles on hospital rankings:
Sneak Peak: US News' top 10 medical schools for research, primary care 2018
100 top critical access hospitals
These 28 hospitals have the worst organ transplant outcomes
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.