For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of Jan. 14-18, 2013
Stock prices of for-profit hospital companies shot through the roof last week, as all seven operators gained at least 2 percent, and three gained more than 10 percent.
CHS continues to trade at a record-high, now hovering near $38 per share. HCA, Health Management, Tenet, UHS and Vanguard are all also trading at 52-week highs, marking one of the biggest booms in the for-profit hospital industry.
Here are the five-day stock prices and percentage changes for the week of Jan. 14 through Jan. 18, 2013.
• Community Health Systems (Franklin, Tenn.): $37.66 per share (up 11.26 percent)
• Health Management Associates (Naples, Fla.): $9.85 per share (up 8 percent)
• Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, Tenn.): $36.95 per share (up 11.3 percent)
• LifePoint Hospitals (Brentwood, Tenn.): $42.00 per share (up 2.94 percent)
• Tenet Healthcare (Dallas): $38.04 per share (up 10.9 percent)
• Universal Health Services (King of Prussia, Pa.): $55.46 per share (up 8.94 percent)
• Vanguard Health Systems (Nashville, Tenn.): $12.82 per share (up 4.48 percent)
More Articles on For-Profit Hospitals:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.