Strong Memorial to Create "Virtual Care Centers" to Cut Readmissions
The University of Rochester (N.Y.) Medical Center announced its Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester will use a grant to create "virtual care centers" to reduce readmissions.
The Greater Rochester Health Foundation granted Strong Memorial Hospital nearly
|Dr. Marc Berliant|
• Medication reconciliation
• Enrollment of patients in URMC's patient portal, MyChart
• Collaboration with social workers to identify and eliminate readmission risk factors, such as lack of a means of transportation to and from follow-up appointments
• Enrollment of patients in supplemental transition coaching and telehealth programs led by the Visiting Nurse Service
• One- and three-week post-discharge multidisciplinary meetings to ensure communication among patients' healthcare providers
Marc Berliant, MD, chief of URMC's general medicine division, is the principal investigator of the project.
More Articles on Hospital Readmissions:
Florida Hospitals Improve Patient Safety, Save More Than $47M
Vanderbilt, St. Thomas West Invest in Care Transition, See Readmissions Decline
Study: Complication Rates Do Not Fully Explain Readmission Rate Variance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.