New Jersey Hospital Association Launches Readmissions Collaborative
Participating facilities will meet periodically, sharing data, best practices and strategies to reduce readmissions in a collaborative environment.
Goals of the initiative include:
* Understanding why patients are readmitted;
* Identifying best practices to help reduce the rate;
* Developing resources to improve care of heart failure patients;
* Creating resources for patients to better manage their heart failure; and
* Applying lessons learned to diabetics, other cardiac patients and patients with pneumonia.
Read the New Jersey Hospital Association release on readmissions.
Read more stories about readmissions:
Following up on Heart-Failure Patients Reduces Readmission Rate
Hospitals in New CMS Pilot Starting to See Readmissions Fall
One-Quarter of Hospital Patients Readmitted Within Two Years
Hospitals Readmit 10% of Medicaid Patients Within 30 Days
More Than One-Third of California Inpatients Readmitted Within a Year
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.