House Committee Seeks $114B in Savings; Proposes Slashing Parts of PPACA, Medicaid
The reconciliation is meant to replace automatic defense spending cuts written into the Budget Control Act.
Some of the Energy and Commerce Committee Recommendations Include:
- Repealing the Prevention and Public Health Fund.
- Repealing HHS' unlimited direct appropriation to establish state health exchanges.
- Cutting funding for the Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan program, which provides government loans to non-profit health plans.
- Bringing the Medicaid Provider Tax threshold to 5.5 percent, up from the 3.5 percent proposed in the president's FY 2013 budget.
- Repealing Medicaid maintenance-of-effort requirements on states.
More Articles on Medicaid and the PPACA:10 States With Medical Loss Ratio Requirements for Medicaid MCOs
Managed Care Companies File Protests Over Lost Ohio Medicaid Contracts
Sen. Budget Committee Chair Conrad Outlines Long-Term Budget Based on Simpson-Bowles Plan
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.