28 'Great Hospitals' to know in the South
Of the 100 hospitals that appeared on Becker's Hospital Review's 2015 "Great Hospitals in America" list, 28 are located in the South.
As designated by the U.S. Census Bureau, the South is defined as Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Click each hospital to read its individual profile.
Note: These hospitals appeared on the "100 Great Hospitals in America" list published in March 2015. This list is published annually in the spring. View the full list here.
1. Baylor University Medical Center (Dallas)
2. CHI St. Vincent Infirmary (Little Rock, Ark.)
3. Christiana Care Health System (Wilmington, Del.)
4. Duke University Hospital (Durham, N.C.)
5. Emory University Hospital (Atlanta)
7. Hill Country Memorial Hospital (Fredericksburg, Texas)
9. Inova Fairfax Hospital (Falls Church, Va.)
10. Integris Baptist Medical Center (Oklahoma City)
11. The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore)
13. Mercy Medical Center (Baltimore)
14. Nemours Children's Hospital (Orlando, Fla.)
15. Ochsner Medical Center (New Orleans)
18. St. David's Medical Center (Austin, Texas)
20. Texas Children's Hospital (Houston)
21. UAB Hospital (Birmingham, Ala.)
22. UF Health Shands Hospital (Gainesville, Fla.)
23. University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore)
24. University of North Carolina Hospitals (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
25. University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston)
26. Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, Tenn.)
27. Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center (Richmond, Va.)
28. Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.