9 Recent Hospital Transactions and Partnerships
The following hospital mergers, acquisitions and general transactions took place within the past week, beginning with the most recent.
1. Greenville Health System, Oconee Medical Center Formalize Affiliation
The boards of Greenville (S.C.) Health System and Seneca, S.C.-based Oconee Medical Center approved a binding agreement that makes OMC part of GHS integrated health system.
2. CharterCare Health Partners, Prospect Medical Holdings Finalize Partnership
CharterCare Health Partners, a nonprofit health system, announced a partnership with Santa Ana, Calif.-based for-profit Prospect Medical Holdings.
3. PinnacleHealth, Penn State Hershey Medical Center to Partner
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and PinnacleHealth System in Harrisburg, Pa., signed a letter of intent to form a new health system in central Pennsylvania.
4. Banner Health, University of Arizona Health Network Launch Effort to Create Statewide Organization
The University of Arizona Health Network and University of Arizona, both based in Tucson, executed a principles of agreement document with Phoenix-based Banner Health to create a statewide healthcare organization in Arizona.
5. National Jewish Health, Saint Joseph Hospital Strike Joint Operating Agreement
National Jewish Health, Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, and the hospital's parent company, SCL Health System — all based in Denver — signed a joint operating agreement.
6. District One Hospital Board Approves Allina Health Affiliation
The board of District One Hospital in Faribault, Minn., voted unanimously to approve an affiliation agreement with Allina Health, headquartered in Minneapolis.
7. Orlando Health Decides Against Merger
Orlando (Fla.) Health, a nonprofit hospital network, announced it will end explorations for a partner for a merger or acquisition and will remain independent.
8. Beaumont, Botsford and Oakwood Reach Definitive Agreement on $3.8B Merger
Beaumont Health System in Royal Oak, Mich., Botsford Health Care in Farmington Hills, Mich., and Oakwood Healthcare in Dearborn, Mich., reached a definitive agreement to combine their operations into a $3.8 billion healthcare organization.
9. Geisinger, Holy Spirit Health System Sign Definitive Agreement
Danville, Pa.-based Geisinger Health System and Camp Hill, Pa.-based Holy Spirit Health System signed a definitive agreement for Holy Spirit to become an affiliate of Geisinger.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuations Issues:
Minnesota Nurses Association Concerned About District One Hospital, Allina Deal
Charlevoix Hospital to Expand Munson Healthcare Affiliation
150 Hospital Transactions and Partnerships
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.