8 Recent Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions
The following hospital mergers and acquisitions took place within the past week, beginning with the most recent.
1. St. Mary's Hospital in NJ Signs Agreement With Prime Healthcare
St. Mary's Hospital of Passaic, N.J., announced it signed a binding asset purchase agreement with for-profit hospital operator Prime Healthcare Services.
2. 2 Major Brooklyn Hospitals Begin Exploratory Affiliation Talks
Maimonides Medical Center and Brookdale University Medical Hospital and Medical Center, both based in Brooklyn, N.Y., entered exploratory discussions about a possible affiliation.
3. SCL Health System Sells 2 Kansas Hospitals to Prime Healthcare
Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System, based in Denver, sold two of its Kansas-based hospitals — Providence Medical Center in Kansas City and Saint John Hospital in Leavenworth — to for-profit operator Prime Healthcare Services.
4. Rhode Island Officially Approves Merger Between L+M, Westerly Hospitals
After several months of proposals and reviews, the Rhode Island Department of Health officially approved Lawrence + Memorial Hospital's application to acquire The Westerly (R.I.) Hospital.
5. Highmark to Give Jefferson Regional $21M Upon Finalization of Affiliation
Pittsburgh-based health insurer Highmark said it will give Jefferson Regional Medical Center an "unrestricted" $21 million upon finalization of its affiliation agreement, which is expected within the next three weeks.
6. NewYork-Presbyterian Files CON to Take Over New York Downtown Hospital
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, the renowned academic medical center based in New York City, submitted a certificate of need to New York's State Health Department to take over Manhattan-based New York Downtown Hospital as sole owner.
7. Rochester General Health System Deepens Affiliation With United Memorial in NY
Rochester (N.Y.) General Health System announced it expanded its affiliation with United Memorial Medical Center, based in Batavia, N.Y.
8. Virtua, Kennedy Health Systems in New Jersey Discuss Potential Deal
Kennedy Health System, based in Washington Township, N.J., and Virtua, based in Marlton, N.J., confirmed they have begun considering "collaboration opportunities" with one another.
More Articles on Hospital Transactions:St. Mary's Hospital in NJ Signs Agreement With Prime Healthcare
UHS VP of Development Richard Wright Resigns
SCL Health System Sells 2 Kansas Hospitals to Prime Healthcare
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.