8 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions
1. Johnston Health Names Five Potential Partners
Johnston Health in Smithfield, N.C., sent requests for proposals to WakeMed in Raleigh, N.C.; Duke Health in Durham, N.C., Rex/UNC Health Care in Raleigh, N.C.; Vidant Health in Greenville, N.C.; and Quorum Health Resources in Brentwood, Tenn.
2. MedCentral Health System Explores Partnership
MedCentral Health System in Mansfield, Ohio, voted to seek a partnership with a larger health system.
3. Harrison Medical Center in Washington Explores Affiliation
Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton, Wash., began exploring an affiliation with a larger health system and is expected to make a decision on a partner by the end of the year.
4. Texas Health, Adventist Health Form Joint Venture to Operate Huguley Memorial Med Center
Texas Health Resources in Arlington and Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, Fla., formed a joint venture to own and manage Huguley Memorial Medical Center in Burleson, Texas.
5. Skaggs Regional Medical Center Chooses Two Partnership Finalists
Skaggs Regional Medical Center in Branson, Mo., chose CoxHealth, a health system in Springfield, Mo., and LifePoint Hospitals in Brentwood, Tenn., as finalists in its search for a strategic partner.
6. Alegent Health to Acquire Creighton University Hospital
Alegent Health in Omaha, Neb., and Creighton University in Omaha announced a strategic affiliation, which includes Alegent acquiring Creighton University Medical Center from Creighton and its partner Tenet Healthcare in Dallas.
7. Waterbury Hospital Approves Merger With St. Mary's, LHP Hospital Group
Waterbury (Conn.) Hospital approved a merger with St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury and LHP Hospital Group in Plano, Texas, in an "overwhelmingly" majority vote by its board.
8. Capella Healthcare, Mercy Health Sign Agreement to Explore Sale of St. Joseph's Mercy
Capella Healthcare in Franklin, Tenn., and Mercy Health in Oklahoma City, sponsor of St. Joseph's Mercy Health System in Hot Springs, Ark., signed an agreement "in principle" to explore the sale of St. Joseph's Mercy to Capella Healthcare, according to the organizations.
More Articles on Hospital & Health System Transactions:ProMedica, St. Luke's Appeal FTC Ruling
West Texas Hospitals, Healthcare Representatives Discuss Regional Partnership
McLaren Health, CMS Reach Deal to Open Cheboygan Memorial's Emergency, Outpatient Services
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
100 Great Hospitals in America 2015