8 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions
1. Hackettstown Regional Medical Center Considers 3 Bids for Affiliation
Hackettstown (N.J.) Regional Medical Center has three bids from healthcare organizations for strategic affiliations.
2. New River Medical Center in Minnesota Selects CentraCare Health System as Affiliation Partner
New River Medical Center in Monticello, Minn., selected CentraCare Health System in St. Cloud, Minn., as its affiliation partner.
3. Mecosta County Medical Center Receives County Approval for Spectrum Merger
Mecosta County Medical Center in Big Rapids, Mich., received approval from Mecosta County commissioners to merge with Spectrum Health System, based in Grand Rapids, Mich.
4. Rumors of Sale for Garden City Hospital in Michigan
Garden City (Mich.) Hospital may be exploring a sale or affiliation.
5. UPMC May Acquire Altoona Regional Health System
University of Pittsburgh (Pa.) Medical Center is expected to enter negotiations to acquire Altoona (Pa.) Regional Health System.
6. Due to FTC Scrutiny, Reading Health Terminates Surgical Hospital Purchase
Reading (Pa.) Health System terminated its plan to acquire the Surgical Institute of Reading after the Federal Trade Commission authorized an action to block the deal.
7. Stewart Memorial Community Hospital Joins Iowa Health System Network
Stewart Memorial Community Hospital in Lake City, Iowa, formed a partnership with Iowa Health System in Des Moines.
8. UC Davis Medical Center, Dameron Hospital to Form Joint Venture
UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento and Dameron Hospital in Stockton, Calif., agreed to form a joint venture.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review