7 Recent Hospital Transactions and Partnerships
The following hospital mergers, acquisitions and general transactions took place within the past week, beginning with the most recent.
1. Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, Cadence Health Reach Definitive Merger Agreement
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare in Chicago and Cadence Health in Winfield, Ill., approved a definitive merger agreement.
2. Merger Talks Begin Between Saratoga Hospital, Glens Falls Hospital
Executives at Saratoga Hospital in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., and Glens Falls (N.Y.) Hospital entered discussions about a possible merger.
3. Kindred Healthcare Proposes $1.6B Gentiva Health Services Takeover
Kindred Healthcare, a post-acute care services provider based in Louisville, Ky., made an unsolicited proposal to acquire Atlanta-based home health and hospice services provider Gentiva Health Services in a transaction that would be valued at $1.6 billion.
4. CHE Trinity to Sell 2 Hospitals to Munson Healthcare
CHE Trinity Health, based in Livonia, Mich., signed a non-binding letter of intent to sell two hospitals to Traverse City, Mich.-based Munson Healthcare.
5. North Shore-LIJ to Add Phelps Memorial Hospital Center
North Shore-LIJ Health System in Great Neck, N.Y., and Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Sleepy Hollow, N.Y., ratified a letter of intent that would bring Phelps into the North Shore-LIJ network.
6. South Nassau Closer to Acquiring Long Beach Medical Center
A bankruptcy court green-lighted Oceanside, N.Y.-based South Nassau Communities Hospital's move to acquire nearly all assets of Long Beach (N.Y.) Medical Center.
7. Ochsner, St. Tammany Parish Hospital to Form Affiliation
Ochsner Health System, one of Louisiana's largest health systems, based in New Orleans, and St. Tammany Parish Hospital in Covington, La., signed a letter of intent to affiliate.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuations Issues:
6 Recent Hospital Transactions and Partnerships
Ochsner, St. Tammany Parish Hospital to Form Affiliation
Hospital Transactions Increase Slightly in Q1
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review