7 Recent Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions
The following hospital mergers and acquisitions took place within the past week, beginning with the most recent.
1. Benedictine Sisters Agree to Drop Catholic Affiliation, Name of Hospital in New York
Kingston, N.Y.-based healthcare system HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley announced the Benedictine Sisters who have controlled Benedictine Hospital, also in Kingston, agreed to drop the hospital's Catholic affiliation as part of a consolidation effort.
2. Clifton-Fine Hospital in New York to Affiliate With Samaritan Medical Center
Clifton-Fine Hospital in Star Lake, N.Y., chose to affiliate with Samaritan Medical Center in Watertown, N.Y.
3. HMA Finalizes Joint Venture With Bayfront Health System in Florida
Naples, Fla.-based Health Management Associates announced it will acquire an 80 percent interest in Bayfront Health System in St. Petersburg, Fla., and introduce an affiliation with its subsidiary, Shands HealthCare, part of the UF&Shands health system based at the University of Florida Academic Health Center.
4. Wise Regional Health System in Texas Bids $20M for North Texas Community Hospital
Wise Regional Health System, based in Decatur, Texas, placed the only bid for the ailing North Texas Community Hospital in Bridgeport, Texas, offering $20 million.
5. Sale of Scott County Hospital in Tennessee Delayed Until Feb. 28
Beleaguered 25-bed Scott County Hospital in Oneida, Tenn., was granted a four-week extension to reach a deal with potential purchasing company SM Promen of Tennessee.
6. Jefferson Regional Medical Center in Missouri Officially Joins Mercy
Chesterfield, Mo.-based health system Mercy announced Jefferson Regional Medical Center in Festus, Mo., agreed to be acquired in a unanimous vote by the board of directors, effective Feb. 1.
7. Appeals Court Rules in HMA's Favor in Cancelled Trinity Hospital Sale
The 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals ruled Health Management Associates did not owe restitution to Trinity Hospital of Augusta (Ga.), formerly St. Joseph Hospital, for declining to buy the hospital's assets after publicly announcing it would in 2005.
More Articles on Hospital Transactions:St. Mary's Hospital in NJ Signs Agreement With Prime Healthcare
UHS VP of Development Richard Wright Resigns
SCL Health System Sells 2 Kansas Hospitals to Prime Healthcare
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.