7 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions
The following hospital mergers and acquisitions took place within the past week, beginning with the most recent.
1. HCA Completes Purchase of Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital
Nashville, Tenn.-based Hospital Corporation of America, owner of Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, Calif., completed the purchase of Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital.
2. Sinai Health System, Holy Cross Hospital Partnership Moves Forward Following Vatican Approval
Sinai Health and Holy Cross Hospital, both based in Chicago, moved forward with their merger plans following the Vatican's approval of the transfer of property.
3. University of Maryland Medical System Completes Agreement With CHI to Purchase Assets of St. Joseph Medical Center
University of Maryland Medical System in Baltimore and Catholic Health Initiatives in Englewood, Colo., signed an asset purchase agreement in connection with St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, Md., finalizing a deal that has been developing since March.
4. Mountain States Health Alliance to Acquire Unicoi County Memorial Hospital
Erwin, Tenn.-based Unicoi County Memorial Hospital's board of control voted Nov. 28 to accept Johnson City, Tenn.-based Mountain States Health Alliance's acquisition proposal.
5. Prime Healthcare Services to Purchase St. Mary's Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital in Passaic, N.J., and Ontario, Calif.-based Prime Healthcare Services reached an agreement for Prime Healthcare to purchase St. Mary's.
6. UCSF Medical Center and Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland Sign Letter of Intent
San Francisco-based UCSF Medical Center, including its UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, and Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland (Calif.) signed a formal letter of intent to develop an affiliation.
7. Vanguard Health Systems, Bristol Hospital Sign Letter Of Intent for Acquisition
Bristol (Conn.) Hospital and Health Care Group announced it signed a letter of intent to be acquired by Vanguard Health Systems in Nashville, Tenn.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.