7 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions
The following hospital mergers and acquisitions took place within the past week, beginning with the most recent.
1. RegionalCare Hospital Partners to Operate Sierra Vista Regional in Arizona
RegionalCare Hospital Partners, a for-profit hospital operator based in Brentwood, Tenn., and Sierra Vista (Ariz.) Regional Health Center announced they signed a letter of intent to build a new 100-bed hospital with RegionalCare as the operator.
2. Sanford Health Finalizes Merger With Hillsboro Medical Center
Hillsboro (N.D.) Medical Center and Sanford Health, based in both Dakotas, finalized their merger agreement last month, and Hillsboro Medical Center is now known as Sanford Hillsboro Medical Center.
3. Saint Francis Care, Ascension Health Care Network Explore Merger, Sign Letter of Intent
Hartford, Conn.-based Saint Francis Care and St. Louis-based Ascension Health Care Network signed a letter of intent for a potential integration of Saint Francis into Ascension in order to build a statewide healthcare delivery system.
4. Holy Cross Hospital Joins Sinai Health System in Chicago
Holy Cross Hospital officially joined Sinai Health System.
5. Northern Berkshire Healthcare to Pursue Affiliation With Berkshire Health Systems
North Adams, Mass.-based Northern Berkshire Healthcare officials are setting their sights on the system's upcoming affiliation with Berkshire Health Systems in Pittsfield, Mass., after a tumultuous year that saw Northern Berkshire emerge from bankruptcy.
6. West Tennessee Healthcare Affiliates With Vanderbilt University Medical Center
West Tennessee Healthcare in Jackson and Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville agreed to affiliate and for clinical research, joint centers of excellence and specific patient care programs.
7. Mercy Health System of Maine, Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems Sign Affiliation Agreement
Mercy Health System of Maine in Portland and Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems in Brewer signed a definitive agreement to form a strategic alignment in which Mercy and all of its units will integrate into EMHS.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.