19 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions
1. Essentia Health, North Pine Area Hospital District Sign Lease For Essentia Health-Sandstone
Essentia Health and the North Pine Area Hospital District's board signed a three-year agreement for Essentia to continue operating Essentia Health-Sandstone (Minn.).
2. St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Faxton St. Luke's to Consider Unique Affiliation
Faxton St. Luke's Healthcare in Utica, N.Y., and St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica moved toward an affiliation when a working group voted to recommend a plan that would allow the hospitals to affiliate while maintaining their respective operating philosophies.
3. Duke Lifepoint's $483M Acquisition of Marquette General Approved
Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette approved the $483 million sale of non-profit Marquette (Mich.) General Hospital to for-profit Duke Lifepoint in Brentwood, Tenn.
4. Cone Health to Complete Merger With New Management Before 2013
Greensboro, N.C.-based Cone Health hopes to complete a merger with Burlington, N.C.-based Alamance Regional Medical Center while also finalizing a new management agreement with Charlotte, N.C.-based Carolinas Healthcare System before the year ends.
5. HealthPartners, Park Nicollet Health Services Sign Merger Agreement
HealthPartners in Bloomington, Minn., and Park Nicollet Health Services in St. Louis Park, Minn., signed an agreement to unite their organizations and create a comprehensive, integrated healthcare delivery and financing organization.
6. Westerly Hospital's $69M Sale to Lawrence & Memorial Approved
Rhode Island Superior Court Associate Justice Brian Stern approved New London, Conn.-based Lawrence & Memorial Hospital's $69 million bid to acquire The Westerly (R.I.) Hospital.
7. University Hospital in Kentucky Wants Partner By End of Year
The University of Louisville is negotiating with potential healthcare operators and hopes to reach a partnership agreement for its University Hospital by the end of the year.
8. Steward Health Care Receives Extension on Landmark Deal Deadline Again
Boston-based Steward Health Care's deadline to close the sale of Landmark Medical Center in Woonsocket, R.I., was once again extended.
9. Prime Healthcare to Buy Lower Bucks Hospital in Pennsylvania
Ontario, Calif.-based Prime Healthcare Services plans to acquire Lower Bucks Hospital in Bristol, Pa.
10. Novant Health, Memorial Health University Medical Center in Georgia to Partner
Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Ga., announced a strategic partnership with Winston-Salem, N.C.-based Novant Health.
11. St. Vincent Health System, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Explore Affiliation
St. Vincent Health System in Little Rock, Ark., and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock are exploring a potential affiliation.
12. Banner Health, Hawaii Health Systems Explore Partnership
Hawaii Health Systems Corp. in Honolulu is exploring a public-private partnership with non-profit Banner Health in Phoenix.
13. Memorial Health System to Join University of Colorado Health
Colorado Springs voters agreed to lease Memorial Health System in Colorado Springs, Colo., to University of Colorado Health in a special election held Tuesday.
14. University of Michigan Health, MidMichigan Health Explore Affiliation
MidMichigan Health and the University of Michigan Health System announced plans for a clinical and business affiliation.
15. Nueces County Hospital District Approves Merger With Christus Spohn Health System
The Nueces County Hospital District in Corpus Christi, Texas, approved an agreement to become part of Christus Spohn Health System in Corpus Christi.
16. Counties Hold Hearing on Sale of Greenwood Leflore Hospital in Mississippi
A public hearing was held Sept. 13 on the possible sale of Greenwood (Miss.) Leflore Hospital.
17. Fairmont General Hospital Continues Partner Search
Fairmont (W.Va.) General Hospital is still looking for a strategic partner after the 60-day period of negotiations with West Virginia United Health System ended without an official partnership.
18. Queen's Medical Center Finalizes Acquisition of Hawaii Medical Center-West
Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu finalized a deal with Honolulu-based St. Francis Healthcare System of Hawaii to acquire and reopen the shuttered Hawaii Medical Center-West in Ewa Beach.
19. Aurora Health Care, IASIS Healthcare Announce Joint Venture
Milwaukee-based Aurora Health Care and Franklin, Tenn.-based IASIS Healthcare announced a partnership, which includes clinical affiliations and the formation of a development joint venture — Aurora IASIS Health Partners.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
100 Great Hospitals in America 2015