15 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions
1. Vanguard Health Systems, Waterbury Hospital Sign Letter of Intent
Waterbury (Conn.) Health Network, the parent company of Waterbury Hospital, signed a letter of intent to develop a joint venture with Nashville, Tenn.-based Vanguard Health Systems.
2. Underwood-Memorial Hospital and South Jersey Healthcare Finalize Merger
Woodbury, N.Y.-based Underwood-Memorial Health Systems and Vineland, N.J.-based South Jersey Health Systems signed a merger agreement Thursday to join the two systems.
3. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Signature Healthcare to Form Partnership
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston signed a memorandum of understanding for an affiliation with Signature Healthcare in Brockton, Mass.
4. Carle Health System Acquires Hoopeston Regional Health Center
Hoopeston (Ill.) Regional Health Center and its clinics officially joined the Carle health system based in Urbana, Ill., which includes Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle Physician Group and outpatient clinics.
5. Landmark Med Center Rejects Hospital Group's Offer to Top Deal With Prime Healthcare by $4M
Hudson Hospital Holdco — which operates several New Jersey hospitals — is seeking to buy Landmark Medical Center in Woonsocket, R.I., but the medical center is sticking with the purchase deal from Ontario, Calif.-based Prime Healthcare.
6. Baptist Health to Acquire Trover Health System
Trover Health System in Madisonville, Ky., is joining Baptist Health in Louisville, Ky.
7. McCullough-Hyde Hospital in Ohio to Seek Affiliation With Larger Health System
Oxford, Ohio-based McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital's board of directors voted to begin the formal process of investigating potential affiliations, preferably with a larger healthcare system.
8. CHI Finalizes Deal to Become Alegent Creighton Health's Sole Sponsor
Englewood, Colo.-based Catholic Health Initiatives finalized an agreement with Omaha, Neb.-based Immanuel to become the sole sponsor of Alegent-Creighton Health in Omaha.
9. CHI Ends Negotiations With Ascension Health Care Network
Englewood, Colo.-based Catholic Health Initiatives, its affiliate Saint Clare's Health System in Denville, N.J., and Ascension Health Care Network in St. Louis decided to end negotiations for the transfer of ownership of Saint Clare's.
10. Henry Ford Health System, Beaumont Health System Announce Merger
Detroit-based Henry Ford Health System and Beaumont Health System in Royal Oak, Mich., signed a letter of intent to combine their operations into a new $6.4 billion organization.
11. Chilton Medical Center in Alabama Loses License, Seeks New Owner
Chilton Medical Center in Clanton, Ala., is seeking a new owner following the suspension of its license.
12. Transylvania Regional Hospital Joins Mission Health as Member Hospital
Transylvania Regional Hospital in Brevard, N.C., completed the process to become a full member of Mission Health in Asheville, N.C.
13. SoutheastHEALTH in Missouri Acquires SunLink's Missouri Southern Healthcare
SoutheastHEALTH, based in Cape Girardeau, Mo., officially acquired the leasehold interest in Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter.
14. Shands HealthCare, Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare Affiliate for Cancer Care
Tallahassee (Fla.) Memorial HealthCare and UF&Shands in Gainesville, Fla., — the University of Florida Academic Health Center — announced an affiliation to expand cancer care options for patients.
15. Dignity Health Ends Negotiations With Ashland Community Hospital
San Francisco-based Dignity Health ended negotiations with Ashland (Ore.) Community Hospital.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.